Textron Avionic Systems Specialist Intern / Summer 2019 in Montreal, Canada
Avionic Systems Specialist Intern / Summer 2019
Transform Your Reality
TRU Simulation Training is a leader in aviation simulation and training, preparing our customers with true-to-life experiences. Driven by innovation and safety, our products help pilots and maintainers achieve daily success in aviation.
We are proudly backed by our parent company, Textron, Inc. (NYSE: TXT), a Fortune 500 known worldwide for aviation and defense brands including Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker and Textron Systems.
Why launch a career with the TRU Family?
Transform the industry standard: We are an innovative team supporting products ranging from aircraft maintenance and training devices to full motion flight simulators, for both commercial and defense customers. We take the next step to provide hands-on pilot and maintenance training to ensure flight readiness.
Driven by people: We empower people to make the impossible, possible. By joining our diverse team, you will experience new challenges and opportunities to best fit your career goals.
Global growing company: With locations spanning across the U.S, we are also rapidly expanding internationally to continue to support our global customers .
The Avionics System Specialist Intern must be a highly-motivated, self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a fast-changing business environment.The candidate will be responsible of developing flight simulator software.
The Avionics System Specialist Intern will report to the Director, Avionics Engineering.
- Analyze of Aircraft OEM Data Packages;
- Develop tools to expedite the integration of stimulated or re-hosted avionics with in-house simulation models.
- Generate requirements, design and test documents.
- Implement simulation models in C under Windows and Linux environments.
- Support simulator Testing and Evaluation effort with test pilots and customers.
- Analyze and fixe deficiencies throughout the life-cycle of the simulator.
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Strong knowledge and experience in C programming
- Experience in development and integration of real time embedded systems
- Self-starter who has the ability to break projects into smaller deliverables
- Good team player with the ability to work with tight deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good English technical writing skills
- Aeronautical knowledge
- Simulation industry knowledge
- Knowledge of avionic systems such as Flight Management System, Autoflight System, Indicating & Recording System, Electronic Flight Controls, etc.
- Knowledge of avionic data bus communication standards such as ARINC 429, 453, RS-232, AFDX, etc.
- Matlab/Simulink, Java/C#, Python
Primary Location CA-Quebec-Montreal
Recruiting Company TRU Simulation Training, Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 269091